Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Is Lake Nona Blue?

I moved to Lake Nona 8 years ago because my older nephew had bought a home in the area, and the rest of the family was living close by. There wasn't much going on in the neighborhood. Medical City was still more a concept than a reality. Now the VA Hospital has opened along with UCF Medical School, Sanford Burnham Research Center and Nemours Hospital for Children. There is a new hotel to accommodate visitors to the various facilities. 

There is also a great deal of residential building - new apartment complexes and single family  homes. My mission is to seek out potential Democratic voters to get them registered and signed up to Vote By Mail. In 2012, working with the Obama campaign, I set up voter registration opportunities at the major apartment complexes. I will try to re-visit the older complexes and to introduce myself to the new ones over the next few months. 

There were more Democrats in Lake Nona in 2012 than many people thought. What will we find in 2016? Will Lake Nona be Blue?

No comments:

Post a Comment