Friday, February 12, 2016

Inside Baseball

As I watched MSNBC with friends last week, I was struck by how removed the discussion was from the daily lives and concerns of most of the Democratic voters we will need to engage to win in November 2016. It was definitely Inside Baseball - so caught up in the minutia of the subject that most people will be perplexed. 

This is not a general slam against baseball, which has been an important part of my life and relationships. I have learned crucial life lessons from the game, which I will keep in mind for the trials and tribulations of the 2016 campaigns.

Be Resilient: Even the best players strike out or are thrown out more often than they get on base.

Be Patient: The best hitters don't swing at every pitch.

Have Fun: The best players always keep the joy in the game.



No comments:

Post a Comment