Monday, April 4, 2016

Human Rorschach Test

I made a vow months ago to avoid reading news articles about Donald Trump. I have been breaking that vow at an accelerating pace. How could I help it? I have not broken off all contact with the outside world. 

An Op Ed column in today's New York Times caught my eye. Its message was that working class whites who bore the brunt of the Iraq war were attracted by Trump's antiwar appeal. Since Trump seems to say anything that comes into his mind at the moment, people can find almost any message that appeals to them. Trump is a human Rorschach Test.

What do I see when I look at Trump? A carnival sideshow barker. "Step right up, folks. Inside this tent you will find wonders to delight you, no matter how dark your dreams and desires."

No comments:

Post a Comment